Sunday, September 5, 2010

JENNIFER WALSTRAND: WHO CAN CATCH THE KILLER?


Jennifer Walstrand, 28, is someone known by a mututal friend of mine. This story hurt to read, and made me cry.


Beautiful Jennifer Walstrand was murdered! She died from multiple stab wounds and blunt- force injury to the head.


Des Moines police found Walstrand’s body in an apartment in the 24000 block of 25th Avenue South after a 911 call from the landlord, who lives next door.


Finding information about this horrific murder has been difficult.


The murder occured Tuesday, August 31, in the city of Des Moines, Washington. Des Moines is located on the east shore of Puget Sound, approximately halfway between the major cities of Seattle and Tacoma.


The Des Moines police have released very few details, no clues, no person of interest, no tip line to report information. They did state that all detectives were working to solve this case.


Bob Collins, a spokesman for the Des Moines Police Department, said police are following up on several leads. He said the case is a priority, and every detective has been assigned to it.


I did locate a phone number to report crimes. The Police Department is asking the public to provide the Department with any information that would assist the Des Moines Police Department to solve crimes.


Follow-up information should be directed to the Police Department by calling (206) 878-3301.

CHOMP doesn't write many articles on this blog, but this case was too close to my heart. I will report any news that I can find.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty excited to find this link. I hope, pray, that you keep this up to date because there are many of us that care and need to know that the homicidal maniac is caught. There was no reason for this and it hurts. To even begin to feel those last moments of fear, pain, and powerlessness..... it's just so much to bare and I wasn't even there. She deserved more and we need to find a way to get it to her........

CHOMP said...

Thsnk you for your support. I don't often write, but Jennifer Walstrand's family needs to know that someone cares about their daughter. I can't find much news about this mystery, but I will check the Internet every night. I will also post it on Nancy Grace's blog.

We need to know what happpened. We need to know why.

Anonymous said...

I am Jennifer's aunt and I want to thank you for staying on this and for loving Jenny. She was such a beautiful, happy, life-loving person. I will always remember her as my "Angel Face", laughing and happy, with so much love in her heart for her family and friends. There was absolutely no sense in her death and whoever chose to steal her life needs to be caught and punished severely.

Anonymous said...

WE ALL CARE MORE THAN YOU KNOW!

BEAUTIFUL GIRL, BE FREE NOW... WALK WITH THE ANGELS!!!


I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY, OTHER THAN SHE WAS AND STILL IS VERY LOVED!!!

Anonymous said...

To the bastard that took Jennifers life....HATE is not a strong enough word for what I feel towards you. I pray that they find you and I will FIGHT for the rest of my life to see that you pay for what u have done. I will NEVER forget what u did to her and have to live the rest of my days without my beautiful baby girl.
Burn in hell you coward.

Anonymous said...

The friends and family of Roxy (Jennifer Walstrand) are putting up a $5,000 reward in addition to the Crimestoppers reward of $1,000 for tips leading to the arrest and conviction of her murderer. She was murdered in Des Moines, Wa. On August 31st 2010. If you have any information please call 1-800-222-TIPS. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I've know jen for year when she was young and out there never hurt anyone away there to help love ya baby aways

sherry

Unknown said...

i had known jennifer for years through the good and bad .she was truely good hearted.very caring and giving nomatter what she was going through.thoughts race in my head and wonder ''why wasnt that me? it very well could haver been.
what makes one person more deserving than the other?
its not fair and it feels unreal that something so horrific could happen to someone so good hearted.
i wish her family justice and that they find peace in theyr hearts knowing that one day we will all be reunited with our loved ones

Anonymous said...

This woman was a beautiful individual, and always brought a smile to my face.
I am terribly sorry for the family to have to be without this wonderful individual at this time of year.
I can only imagine the loss that you are feeling right now.
I say a prayer for this beautiful girl every night.

What a tragedy.
Jennifer was a genuinely beautiful lady, and I cannot believe that one single person in this world could even IMAGINE doing something so atrocious to such a gentle, caring soul.

Jen/Roxie, you will always hold a very special place in my heart, and I will never forget the day I met you.
Your smile still lights up my heart, even in your absence.